Special Tour Activity and Presentation Options
- Tours of the West Virginia University campuses—Downtown, Evansdale, and Health Sciences. Groups can visit a classroom, laboratory facility, the WVU student union (Mountainlair), and/or the Downtown Library Complex. Open to all age groups.
- A full-loop ride on the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT)—a transportation system that is unique to WVU and utilized by students to travel between campuses. Also, the full-loop ride provides a scenic view of the University and city of Morgantown.
- Mountaineer Field—home of the Mountaineer football team. Tour the playing surface of Milan Puskar Football Stadium if the facility schedule permits. Open to all age groups.
- The WVU Coliseum—home of Mountaineer basketball, wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball. Individuals can visit the public areas, sit in the stands, and view the court surface. Group can also tour the Robinson/Petroplus Basketball Hall of Traditions. Open to all age groups.
- Tour the Evansdale Residential Complex (ERC) and a model residence hall room—- this is a facility where WVU students reside on campus. The ERC (a.k.a., Towers) is made up of four interconnecting residence halls. Stopping in Towers provides groups with a chance to walk in the shoes of a WVU student. Open to all age groups- space available to tour model dorm room is comfortable at 20 to 25 persons.
- Group leaders can also make special presentation requests for the visit to campus. Presentations include:
- Engineering presentations – Engineering Teaching Assistant along with Engineering Graduate Assistants give a presentation. The group can view and sit in the Baja car which is typically used in college races. Appropriate for grades 5-12 and available to groups of any size.
- Planetarium—an audiovisual session in the WVU Planetarium which focuses on the study of astronomy. The WVU Planetarium was relocated to the renovated White Hall. Open to all age groups. Space availability limited to 55.
- U-92—tour WVU’s radio station located in the Mountainlair. Open to all ages but limited to 20 to 25 persons.
- Daily Athenaeum—tour WVU’s student newspaper. See how students arrange the paper for publication. Open to all ages but limited to 30 to 40 persons.
- WVU Farm Experience—tour the WVU Farm and learn about farm animals through first- hand experiences. Open to all age groups and sizes.
- Admissions and Financial Aid presentations can be arranged. Appropriate for eighth grade or older and for any group size.
Other presentations and/or campus sites can be added to this list, depending on the interest of the group, availability of the facility, and availability of campus experts to lead the sessions.