Special Tour Activity and Presentation Options
- Groups can request to tour West Virginia University three areas of campus, which include the Downtown, Evansdale, and Health Sciences Campus. In addition, groups may also visit a classroom, the WVU student union (Mountainlair or Evansdale Crossing), and/or the Downtown Library Complex during the campus tour. Open to all age groups.
- A full-loop ride on the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT)—a transportation system that is unique to WVU and utilized by students to travel between campuses. Also, the full-loop ride provides a scenic view of the University and city of Morgantown. (not available over summer)
- The WVU Coliseum—home of Mountaineer basketball, wrestling, gymnastics, and volleyball. Groups can tour the Robinson/Petroplus Basketball Hall of Traditions. Open to all age groups.
- Tour Oakland Hall and a model residence hall room— this is a facility where WVU students reside on campus. Stopping in Oakland provides groups with a chance to walk in the shoes of a WVU student. Appropriate for eighth grade or older and for any group size.
- Academic presentations – Admission representatives along with the Visitors Center Graduate Assistants give a 30-minute presentation. The presentation provides an overview of WVU, the importance of attending college, and engages students with hands-on activities. Appropriate for grades 6-12 and available to groups of any size.
Other presentations and/or campus sites can be added to this list, depending on the interest of the group, availability of the facility, and availability of campus experts to lead the sessions.