Pioneering. Caring. Creative. Real. That’s the Mountaineer spirit, and we can’t wait to show your group how it guides everything we do at West Virginia University.
SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT
We offer tours throughout the year to group sizes of 10+. Group visits must be requested at least one month in advance. It is not always possible to accommodate your group on your preferred date, so the earlier you schedule, the better.
- Requests must be made by someone from the school or visiting organization, not a third-party, such as a grant sponsor, travel agency or tour planning organization.
- The person scheduling the visit must accompany the group to campus.
To schedule your trip, please complete the following.
2. Complete the Group Tour Request Form
Expect follow-up email to confirm visit date within 10 days of completing form.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-293-3489.
At this time we will be discouraging groups 6th grade and under from visiting as there are not enough engaging activities for a younger audience.
We are encouraging at least a 10:1 student to chaperone ratio to assist with safety precaution enforcement.
Groups will be required to follow all safety guidelines established by WVU.
Groups are responsible for providing their own transportation to campus. If their bus is at or below the university’s maximum bus capacity our staff will join the group on their bus for the driving portions of the tour. If the group drives in a van, or if their bus capacity is above the university’s maximum bus capacity, WVU staff will not join the group on their vehicle. Parking instructions will be provided for the bus and a tour leader will meet the group directly on campus.
- We will work with you to schedule activities aligned with your group's interest, but please be advised that availability of requested programming is not guaranteed. In the event that any activities are not available during your visit, the Visitors Center will work with your group to provide alternative programming. We strive to send groups a finalized itinerary one week prior to your scheduled visit.
- If dining on campus, please provide correct billing information on the group tour request form. Dining on campus requires advance coordination between the Visitors Center and WVU Dining Services, so prompt receipt of billing information is required in order to make dining reservations on campus.
- Your tour will be part walking and part riding the bus you bring to campus. You must provide your own transportation for your visit.