The WVU Visitors Centers ask guests to review the guidelines and practices below to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and campus visitors. While we are taking precautions to prioritize your safety, we cannot eliminate all risks.
All visitors and Visitors Center staff members are required to wear face coverings, regardless of vaccination status inside university buildings through at least October 6.
- All guests will be asked to wear a mask while visiting and will be reminded of this upon arrival. All tour guides and professional staff members will wear face coverings during their entire shift, including during the campus tour. Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks when outside. Additionally masks must be worn on all university transportation per CDC Guidelines.
All visitors must wear masks on university transportation through at least January
- In accordance to CDC guidance, masks are required even if you’ve been vaccinated in hospitals, nursing homes, buses, trains, planes, schools and prisons and in accordance with local government and business policies. All Campus tours involve university transit that will require guests to wear masks when using, this includes buses and PRT’s.
All visits are by appointment only.
- In order to protect the safety of our guests and staff and limit building occupancy, only visitors who have preregistered for a campus tour are permitted in the Visitors Centers. Guests who would like to walk in or take a self-guided tour should first call the Visitors Centers at 304-293-3489 to inquire if space on the tour is available or to arrange a time to drop into the Visitors Centers to get assistance or additional information.
We ask guests to arrive on time or no more than 15 minutes early for their scheduled visit.
- If you arrive on campus early, please remain in your car until 15 minutes prior to your tour time to assist with our efforts in keeping building occupancy as low as possible and ensuring proper distancing during check-in.
Visitors Center surfaces will be routinely sanitized before visitors arrive and after they depart for the tour.
- Custodial services and Visitors Center staff will complete ongoing cleaning of all surfaces of the Visitors Centers on a regular schedule. Hand sanitizer will be available in the Visitors Center, and a restroom is located nearby for hand washing.
Guests are expected to reschedule their visit if they are feeling unwell.
- If you are experiencing any fever, cough or sore throat; have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or have traveled internationally in the 14 days before your visit, please reschedule.