We enjoy having visitors of all ages visit WVU’s campus! Specialized tours can be arranged through the Visitors Resource Center for your group. Agendas for the tours vary based on specific requests from your group leader. Below are some guidelines for making your special group tour a positive and successful experience.
Scheduling a Special Tour
- Groups can visit campus throughout the year. Contact Susan Petsko at 304-293-3489 to schedule your visit at least one month in advance. For scheduling reasons, it is not always possible to accommodate your group on your preferred date. The earlier you schedule, the better!
- The Visitors Resource Center can help you plan a very special day by providing many exciting activities for your group. For descriptions of various activities and presentations click here.
- If you would like, the Visitors Resource Center can arrange for your group to have a meal on campus. Groups can bring their own lunch or for a nominal fee other lunch options are available.
- Shortly after confirming a date and making tour requests an agenda for your visit will be sent to you.
Preparing for your visit
- Your visit will include a substantial amount of walking, rain or shine! Please encourage the group to dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- Plan to leave early enough to ensure your group will arrive on time. In addition to your agenda, directions to your meeting location will be provided.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time to ensure that all scheduled activities can be accomplished. In the event of a late arrival, we reserve the right to shorten or cancel the tour.
- Chaperones will be required to accompany the group throughout the visit. Please provide adequate adult supervision. Chaperones are responsible for monitoring the group and ensuring that behavior is appropriate. Tour guides are not responsible for maintaining order or issuing discipline for your group. Please refer to the Group Tour Guidelines .
- While your group is on campus, classes and meetings are being held. Please remind your group to be quiet when inside of buildings.
After your visit
- Discuss the visit with those who attended.
- Please fill out our online survey to let us know what you enjoyed about your visit and also provide suggestions for improvement.
Please contact Susan Petsko at the WVU Visitors Resource Center (304-293-3489) if you have any questions or concerns.