The WVU Visitors Center is seeking applications for Tour Leaders.
Tour Leaders are responsible for:
- Providing a warm and hospitable welcome to each WVU visitor.
- Aiding campus guests in accomplishing the purpose of their visit.
- Collecting and disseminating accurate information about the institution.
- Serving as an information resource to all University constituents.
Requirements to become a Tour Leader:
- Must have completed at least two semesters at West Virginia University.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to represent West Virginia University effectively to members of varying constituencies (visitors, prospective students, VIPs, current students, faculty, staff, etc.).
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must have a positive, enthusiastic demeanor.
- Must be committed to the institution and the responsibilities of the position.
- Must agree to be available to work some weekends, holidays, and student recesses.
- Serve as a resource for campus visitors, faculty, staff, and students on all aspects of the WVU community.
- Staff the Visitors Center, handling walk-in and telephone inquires as assigned.
- Lead year-round tours of campus.
- Maintain accurate statistics on users of the Center, information requested, and current issues of the day.
- Serve as a positive, enthusiastic, professional ambassador for WVU.
- Participate in an ongoing training program about the University.
Click Here to Apply
The Visitors Center will hire Tour Leaders periodically throughout the year. You will receive notification of receipt of your application and will be contacted during one of those hiring periods.